Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Novel Coronavirus [COVID-19]
Stirling Hospital has put extraordinary measures in place in order to ensure the health and safety of our patients, visitors, staff and community. To limit the transmission of the virus, we ask that you follow all instructions carefully.
Thank you for your understanding and support.
Please read the below information before entering the hospital
If you have ANY of these symptoms:
- sore throat
- shortness of breath
- have travelled anywhere overseas in the past 14 days OR travelled interstate in the past 7 days or as at 24 March 2020 in the last 14 days
- close contact with a confirmed or suspect case of Coronavirus
- are awaiting Coronavirus test results
Please DO NOT enter if you answered yes to any of the above
This applies to everyone
If you have an appointment with an onsite Specialist, Flex Physio, Radiology SA or Australian Clinical Labs please contact them via phone to postpone your appointment,
Contact your GP (phone first) OR the Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080 for further advice.
If you are scheduled for surgery AND answered yes to any of the above criteria please call Stirling Hospital on 8339 0200 and ask to speak with a nurse
There are NO Coronavirus testing facilities either at Stirling Hospital or with onsite pathology providers
including Australian Clinical Labs.
There are no GP’s consulting on-site
– please call the Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080 for further advice or call your usual GP
Surgery, Procedures and Visitors
- All staff and doctors are also continuously risk assessed
- All patients are risk assessed prior to surgery
- Patients are contacted 2 days before admission for further risk assessment
- Visitors have now been limited to one nominated visitor per inpatient.